Thursday, October 08, 2015

"How has God been blessing and growing you in this season of aloneness? "

"How has God been blessing and growing you in this season of aloneness?" Yesterday, one of my most dearest and best friends, asked me that question. If you have a friend that will ask these sort of questions, you are blessed! I pondered on her question throughout the day and was surprised to see just how many ways the Lord is working in my time of aloneness! I am sure when she read my response, ( it was a lengthily one) she too was surprised. This week marked the half way mark of our time apart from Mike. As this half way mark approached, the days seemed to become a bit harder. It had started to settle in that this is for a really long time!

The Lord prompted her to ask that question at just the right time. Immediately after she asked the question, the Lord kindly began to show me, and bring to my remembrance countless ways he has been blessing and growing. I should not have been so surprised that the Lord is working, even in our deepest trials. It is always my desire that the Lord would strengthen my faith in Him. I am reminded of the quote by George Muller, " If we desire our faith to be strengthened, we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried, and therefore, through trial, be strengthened."

It is my desire, that as the Lord allows me the time, I would like to share with you the many ways the Lord has been blessing and growing during this season of aloneness. It is good that I can share these things with you. Foremost, for God's glory. It is also good that I might train my mind to keep God's goodness fresh in my heart, writing helps me to do just that. The Lord has given Anna a love for photography. Throughout my writing, I would like to share with you the beauty of God's creation, though Anna's camera lens.





"Oh, that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" 
~ Psalm 107:8

No comments: