Saturday, October 06, 2012

Are you sure the door is closed?

Are you sure the door is closed is a question I was asked recently by another momma who has a burden for little "V". She was asking me this in regards to us adopting little "V". Good question. Yes, we do have a love and a burden for this sweet girl. Yes, we were going to ask the SDA about her when we went to Ukraine for Dmitriy. She was very heavy on our hearts as time came closer for us to travel last Feb. and after seeking the Lord, that was our plan. However on our way to Ukraine we felt the Lord closing that door, so we never asked. I do not know what the Lord has for sweet "V". I do know at this time, for us, the door is closed. We are in the middle of moving and therefore cannot even get an updated homestudy! Prehaps that is one reason I am so burdened for her family to find her. Our hearts desire is to see her in a loving family. We would be tickled pink if we could be blessed with that honor and tickled pick if God has another family for her. One thing is for certain, God knows her. He knows where she is, she has not been forgotten. We pray God will hear the prayers on her behalf and send her family. His perfect family that He has created for her. For more information, seek the Lord and I would recommend you contact Megan at life2orphans
"V" is on the left in the white sweater. Please do not remove. My sweet friend Yvonne, another Torez momma has let me use this.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love that picture:) Jon was so busy. Selah is the one in the red swing....nice memories:)

Reed Family said...

Hi Misty,
I found your blog on the fb bag-a-thon page. Just wanted to say thank you for advocating for Miss V. I've seen her on a few other blogs and think she's absolutely precious.

I'm interested in overseas adoption so I read some of your older entries. (Hope that doesn't make me a stalker. lol I enjoy reading anything about adoption.)

When the rest of the family goes to bed I'm up searching through the Reese's Rainbow page. I read their blogs and sometimes cry over the stories. Just waiting for my reluctant husband to come around. He still needs some time to commit to another child. I keep praying that God will change his mind or comfort my aching heart.

We've got 5 wonderful kids at home (4 biological and 1 adopted-foster care). They are a blessing!

I hesitated to write because I didn't want to sound creepy. We're also a military family. We'll be PCSing from California (Vandenberg AFB) to Denver(Buckley AFB) in December. I keep a blog but it's mostly for family. Consider myself more of a reader than a writer.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Allison
www.visitthereeds.blogspot.com