Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Very Short Version, Of My Very Long Testimony, To The Lord's Very Kind Working In My Life....




In the year 2000, in the month of December, at the age of 19 and by the Lord's kind mercy, I became a Christian . My now husband led me to the Lord. Through the hearing of Mike witness to strangers, the very simple plan of salvation; the Lord opened my eyes to my sinful condition, my need for a payment and Christ's finished work for my payment. I gave my life to the Lord and was baptized weeks later.

Even before salvation, the Lord had given me a love and interest for the people of Eastern Europe. Several months after I became a Christian, a missionary from Russia visited our church. That interest and love for the people of Eastern Europe had became a burden. That night I told the Lord to please send me, to use me for His Glory as He would see fit. That night, I surrendered to go, to count the cost, as He would lead, I would follow. That prayer continued and continues today.

Mike and I were married in 2001. We had children in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010 (one miscarriage in 2005 and our Levi in 2010). So far we have lived in the states of Georgia, South Dakota and now California.

In 2011 after the Lord's taking of our sweet Levi, we saw the picture of a dear boy. We inquired about this little boy and it was of no surprise to me that he was in Eastern Europe, in the country of Ukraine.

Twelve years later, the Lord answered that prayer. In 2012, the Lord in His very sovereign will, sent us to Ukraine, not to stay, but to bring home one special boy. We were a couple, unworthy, unequipped, and unprepared for the task. I am not sure if I have ever heard something more clearly from God. With many uncertainties ahead we rested in peace that we had clearly heard the Lord's leading. This decision would change the rest of our lives, however, it was not a decision to be made by us, it had already been made by God.

Today, 2014, I serve in my mission field on American soil. The Lord sent me and sent my field home with me in the form of an eight year old boy. I desire to give my best work to the Lord, to show the Love of Christ,  and to serve Dmitriy as unto the Lord, for the rest of our earthly lives.

Having a child with special needs is a daily reminder of my own incapabilities apart from the Lord. I am so grateful for this opportunity, to serve the one who adopted me, thirteen years ago.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I ; send me." ~ Isaiah 6:8

No comments: