Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Naomi Joy Update
Today the lady came to evaluate Naomi, we are encouraged! She has been doing these evaluations for over 20 years and believes Naomi to be very bright, just very behind in speech. Naomi's pediatrician had recommended starting speech therapy about once a week to get a jump on things and this Lady suggested the same. We could just let it go as Naomi will more then likely start talking on her own soon or we could take both of their advice and start this, we have choose to start this speech therapy, what will it hurt? She was happy and encouraged with Naomi's ability to sign some and highly recommended continuing that. So as far as we see now our little Naomi is as fine as can be, just a little stubborn with speech:) I am sure she knows we are all waiting on her to talk and that is why she is delaying this:) Mike and I are thankful for this little girl as well as all our kids no matter what could or would ever be the case with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your babies are dear! I miss them. That little Bemmie is a joy. Hence the middle name, eh. Can't wait to see y'all! Love you.
I am glad to know everything is fine. I am headed outside for a much needed change of things in our terrible 2 house!!
Wonderful to hear that. She's SUCH a precious girl, what little I know of her (wish I saw y'all more:(. I'm so thankful she has the parents she does!
i think it's neat that everyone does things at their own pace. abby's not far behind naomi, so next time they see each other, maybe naomi can teach her a few words or signs. something to help alleviate that screech. i'm glad she's doing well though. she's such a neat girl. love you guys.
Post a Comment