Most of you who read my blog will already know of this and thank you for your prayers. For those of you who do not, here is an update on Naomi. Currently Naomi has speech therapy once a week on Thursdays. This past Thursday the speech therapist said she believes Naomi may have Apraxia. This was not a surprise to me, I had suspected this for some time as she had most of the signs. Starting the first of the year her speech therapist wants to up therapy at home to twice a week. Once Naomi turns 3 in June we are told by our insurance that they will no longer cover our therapist in the home but that we must send Naomi to the public schools early intervention program in order to continue with therapy. I cannot find this in their policy and no one at our insurance company can tell me where to find it in the policy. I am very upset about this. Mike and I are in the process (which may be a long one) of seeing what can be done to have our insurance to continue the coverage at home. By the way the Christian Law Association seems to be a great thing! I am not sending Naomi to school for therapy. I believe with all my heart we have the absolute best speech therapist and that her individual therapy with Naomi in our home is what is best for Naomi. Please pray for these things..
1. That the Lord would loosen Naomi's tongue. That he would save her at a young age. That she would use her voice to glorify God. That this would bring glory to God.
2. That this would not be a battle with our insurance company as I have seen it be with other moms in my place. That the Lord would have this to be a smooth process with our insurance company.
Thank you again for all the love and prayers on behalf of our family. Just within the past week Mike and I have seen outstanding progress from Naomi, Praise God!
1 comment:
A million kisses to your dear babies! I'm praying for our dear Bemmie. Let me know what you find out. And forgive me for forgetting your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Misty! I love you forever.
Post a Comment