Tuesday, March 10, 2009

32 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth is such an active girl!! Today was my 32 week check up, all looked good except for the gestational diabetes. Even with this very strict diet of 30 carbs breakfast, 60 carbs lunch and 45 carbs dinner...my blood sugars are still very much high after meals. I am testing 4 times a day. I thought that would be hard, but that has been the easy part, the diet is a bit harder. I can say I have been very faithful to follow this diet. I meet with the diabetic counselor again on friday and my Dr. said today that if my blood sugar levels are not down by my 34 week appt, I will need to start insulin. She said some women do not make enough insulin during pregnancy no matter how much they exercise or what they eat. I can say that I am feeling much better now that I know how to watch my carbs, no more shakes for the most part. I do have to eat 3 snacks during the day of 15 carbs each and can have all the sugar free jello I want as there are no carbs there:)

Days are busy here. I am finishing up school with Anna, I hope to be done before Beth arrives. I am finishing up Luke's scrapbook and hope to start Beth a blanket and have it finished before she arrives. So much to do before she gets here and the time is getting closer!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misty I wish I was there to help you and take care of you. Evrything will be just fine.
Love you
mamma

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Bethany Hope is doing great! You know that she is going to be active because she has to be born ready to keep up with her sisters and brother!!! Just keep up the good work on eating and know that it will all be over soon! I will have to eat a Chick-fil-A for you except that is not very good for my weight watchers--I guess I will make it a grilled Chick-fil-A! I love you and miss you bunches!

Hang in there!!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

My precious daughter! So happy about our baby bouncing around in there. Just what you need--an active girl! Whee! Can't wait to see you. Love to all. Call me!