Tuesday, May 20, 2014
How To Pray For Our Children
Last year the Lord laid it on my heart to compile a list of scriptural ways that I could pray for my children. Our church has women's meetings on Tuesdays (during the school year) while the children are in Music/Chapel. I was excited to hear that at the start of last school year, the Lord had also laid it on the heart of one of the women at our church, to compile a very similar list. Each Tuesday since the start of the school year, she has kindly given us a new card with a scripture verse reminding us how we can scripturally pray for our children. There were 30 of these cards in all and she provided for us a metal ring to keep our cards on. Added to these I have a list of more specific ways I am praying for my children. I thought I would list off all 30 of the cards at once, but I think I will share them on my blog one at a time so we can give attention to each one. The first 30 will be the ones from our women's meetings (credits not to myself but to this kind lady who put forth the prayer into these) and the ones there after will be the ways I am specifically praying for my children. Number one is most important...
Salvation
Lord, I pray that my children would obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." ~ 2 Timothy 2:10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment