I had my dr's appt. yesterday May 5th, I was 5cm and 75% effaced, so she stripped my membranes which was not too bad. Mike and I went walking last night. Around 1:00 this morning I was feeling some discomfort and started having regular contractions at 4am. When we got to the hosp. at 6am I was 7cm, I was completely dilated and ready to push about 9am, she was born at 9:33. We are so thankful to the Lord for His mercies. I was 8cm with no epidural and having strong painful contractions about every other minute, it was so painful!!! Her heart rate went from 150 to 80 to 40 to a few seconds of hearing nothing. The nurse yelled out and a ton of people ran in our room, they threw me on all fours, we were ready for an emergency c/s but thankfully her heart rate picked back up. Come to find out her cord was around her neck and having those contractions would make the cord tighten around her neck. We are thankful to the Lord, thank you for your prayers. I love you all and wish you were here cannot wait to see you this summer!
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
More pictures and a quick labor/delivery story
I had my dr's appt. yesterday May 5th, I was 5cm and 75% effaced, so she stripped my membranes which was not too bad. Mike and I went walking last night. Around 1:00 this morning I was feeling some discomfort and started having regular contractions at 4am. When we got to the hosp. at 6am I was 7cm, I was completely dilated and ready to push about 9am, she was born at 9:33. We are so thankful to the Lord for His mercies. I was 8cm with no epidural and having strong painful contractions about every other minute, it was so painful!!! Her heart rate went from 150 to 80 to 40 to a few seconds of hearing nothing. The nurse yelled out and a ton of people ran in our room, they threw me on all fours, we were ready for an emergency c/s but thankfully her heart rate picked back up. Come to find out her cord was around her neck and having those contractions would make the cord tighten around her neck. We are thankful to the Lord, thank you for your prayers. I love you all and wish you were here cannot wait to see you this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the new family picture!!! I still have the family picture from when Luke was born on my fridge! I can't wait to put this one on there! I was crying reading what you wrote about your delivery! I am so glad that the Lord answers prayers and had his hands on baby Bethany the entire time! She is so precious! I can't wait to hold her, but she will be bigger by then! I love you and miss you terribly!!
Love,
Tabitha
What a great story, Misty. Love the pictures!!! I can't believe you're posting in the hospital.
Bethany really does look like the others. Isn't that so neat?? She's a beauty!!! :)
How are YOU feeling??
Post a Comment